This information charter sets out the standards you can expect from FCO Services when we collect, hold or use your personal information.
We will ensure that we will treat all personal information in accordance with data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018.
When we collect, hold use or process in any way your personal data, you are entitled to be told:
- the purpose for which the data is being used, and our lawful basis for processing it;
- how long we will keep your data, who we will share it with;
- whether it will be transferred or accesses outside the UK or EU, and what legal safeguards are in place to protect it;
- about any rights you may have, including the right to access your information or to object to its being used;
- about your right to complain to the Information Commissioner if you feel that your personal information has been mishandled; and
- about the identity of our Data Protection Officer (an independent advisor on data protection matters).
You are also entitled to have your personal information:
- protected and kept secure;
- kept accurate and up to date;
- not used for purposes which are incompatible with those for which it was collected; and
- kept only for as long as it is needed for the purpose for which it was collected (unless it must be kept as part of the historic record).
How to access your personal information
If you would like a copy of any personal information that we hold about you, please contact the Parliamentary, Ministerial and Central Services at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, either using the address below or email:
Parliamentary, Ministerial and Central Services
Foreign and Commonwealth Office
King Charles Street
Our privacy notice explains in more detail how we will handle your data.
Data Protection Officer
If you have any concerns about how FCO Services is handling your personal data, you may contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO).
The DPO provides independent advice and monitoring of FCO Services’ use of personal information. The contact details are:
Mrs Victoria Muronen
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Tel: 01908 745263
To get independent advice about data protection, privacy and data-sharing issues, you can contact:
Information Commissioner’s Office